Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Training: Day 10

Last night was a blast! Had the gi on, and learned some open guard techniques.

1) Control your opponent's wrists (grip the sleeves)
2) Get your feet in the opponent's hips

Those were the two things I really got out of the training session...

We learned 2 submissions and a sweep from the open guard.

The triangle:

I have always loved the triangle. For some reason, I always look to get a triangle.

Anyway...the technique was to get on your side slightly, then with the opposite foot go past the ear of the person in the guard, and pull the opposite arm in one fluid motion to go for the triangle.

The second thing we did was a sweep. If you open your guard and go on your hips and push down the knee of the opponent, you can kick your leg on "top" and go for the sweep.

The final thing we learned was a kimura. I LOVE this kimura. If your opponent is leaning forward with bad posture, you can push your legs through to closed guard and go for the kimura! I hadn't thought about just letting the person slide up and going for the kimura!

Open roll was pretty good. I got an armbar and americana submissions, but I was very disappointed by the fact that I missed some easy armbars. My opponent was giving me everything and I could barely capitalize on his mistakes.

Can't wait for no-gi tonight!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment