Well, it has been a long while since I posted. I've been busy at work (and BJJ) so I have had less time to post.
The word of these days has been POSTURE.
Jeff has really been teaching us about maintaining posture when in the guard. I have been trying to drill that against people I seem to have trouble against.
I'll fast forward a few days to last night. Man, what a night. It was definitely my "worst" night of BJJ. I went from 5:30-9pm (drilling / sparring before class, technique, then open roll).
We drilled escapes from side control. I absolutely hate being side mounted. It was good to learn different shrimping / escapes.
During drilling, I was submitted constantly. During sparring, I was subbed every time. I know that's part of learning the game and being a white belt, but MAN! Good thing that you leave ego at the door, because I was absolutely manhandled.
I know that there will be good days and bad days ahead. It just seemed last night that I was being crushed, and I was physically (and mentally) drained after training.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment