Last night we did some no-gi training. I got to class early so I could warm up and get about 10 minutes of open mat before class started.
A couple of guys were practicing sweeps from the half-guard, so Jeff decided to expand on it for our technique.
I learned a lot last night- mostly to keep my arms "T-Rex'd" and get the knee across while turning on my side. I also need to remember to keep the opponents foot trapped. A few times I didn't keep the foot trapped and I let myself vulnerable to an easy pass.
From half-guard, we worked on the kimura (a move I'm starting to love- but NOT more than triangle) and two sweeps.
It was a learning experience tonight. I really need to keep on working my sweeps.
Nothing special in open roll- 2 2:30 min rounds. I tapped a lot, but also learned quite a bit. I find myself giving them chokes quite often, so I need to be aware of my body position.
Tonight- open mat!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment