Friday, September 18, 2009

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Training: Day 6

No-gi last night. We kept on training our butterfly guard.

Same thing as last time: Open guard up, get hooks in, get on one butt cheek and go for the sweep.

We then worked on 2 more techniques from butterfly guard. We practiced getting the guillotine by removing the underhook and pushing up on the opposite shoulder.

The second technique was getting the person off-balance when they try to flatten you out and get you on your back. You can post up on the opposite hand, get up on your feet, and go for better position, arm control, sprawling out, etc.

I need to work on my cardio! After technique we did 15 squats, 15 squats + jumps, 15 squats + jumps + sprawls, 1 minute of mountain climbers, and then 20 pushups. I was already dogged from 3 rounds of sparring before class + technique!

Open roll was fun, I think I did 3 or 4 rounds. I'm getting better at not gassing, but I still have a long way to go before I can keep rolling without gassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment