Friday: Open Roll!
It was great to just spar on Friday. I've been learning a lot lately, and to finally put some of it togeter felt good.
The one thing I got from Friday- I was told that I need to get stronger! I've really never lifted weights before, so I'll need to get some advice from others.
Saturday: Gi
Saturday was pretty awesome. We did cross collar chokes. I usually never thought about going for the choke, but now it helps me to develop my guard game. We worked 3 different cross collar chokes The first one was grabbing deep cross collar, then going for the material on the outside. The second choke was going deep on both lapels. The last choke involved flaring the elbow out and then going for the opposite lapel and pulling down.
Today: Open Roll
A few of us decided to go to the gym today and roll for a bit. We all brought our gis and went for an hour and a half! I really tried to practice passing guard. I often find myself just sitting in someone's guard and letting them attack.
Also, today i had my first submission in the gym (americana from mount). It felt amazing! I know you're not supposed to brag about subbing someone, but it feels really good to see myself progressing. Most of the time I have been the nail, but I was finally the hammer! The person said to me "Man, you are really coming along!"
Gotta keep on putting my time in!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment