Monday, September 14, 2009

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Training: Day 3

Friday was open mat. It was pretty fun, although I was tapping most of the time. However, I learned so much!

The biggest thing that I learned was the proper body position when my opponent had a dominant position on me. I had previously been turning away rather than turning toward the opponent, which allowed my back to be taken.

I also learned that I was doing the upa wrong. I had not been throwing my hips up high, which restricted my ability to get my opponent off balance. I hope to get a few good sweeps tonight!

Not really much more to say about it. I think I went through all the rounds with everyone (I was gassed by the time we were done). I'm glad I'm at that point, but my cardio needs a lot of work.

No gi tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment